I am already in my thirties when I finally decided to secure a passport. I had this idea imposed on myself on not leaving the country without having visited all 7,100 plus islands of the Philippines. I broke that promise due to the lure of international promo fare.
Just today, I came upon a facebook fan page Travel in Pinas, and they have an album set of 1000 places to visit in the Philippines before you die.
Instantly, I was reminded of my passion to explore the best of what the country has to offer by seeing the pictures.
Now, I want to come up with my own list. It will be a checklist and wish list that I will try create as systematically as possible.
I will start by listing down the must see places in each province per region. I need to come up with at least 76 things to do per region to reach 1000 for all thirteen. Metro Manila would be my first installment.
1. Kilometer 0 and the Rizal Monument in Rizal Park.
2. Walk along the Walls of Intramuros and visit all the attractions within the walled city.
3. Malacanang Palace
4. Binondo Church and a Calesa Ride in Chinatown
5. Shop in Divisoria
6. Shop in Bonifacio Global City, High Street and Town Center
7. Have Halaan Soup at Igmaan, Seaside Macapagal
8. Explore SM Mall of Asia and the Bayside
9. Visit Malate Church and watch the Sunset along Roxas Blvd.
10. Coffee in Greenbelt
11. Have lunch at Greens near Tomas Morato in Quezon City.
12. Watch a performance at CCP
13. Ride the LRT from Baclaran to Balintawak
14. Check out the Galleries and Get some booze at Cubao Expo
15. Visit the Bamboo Organ in Las Pinas
16. Dinner at Cafe Juanita in Pasig
17. Offer a prayer at Baclaran Church
18. Try your luck at the casinos of Resort World Manila
19. Spa at Wensha
20. Ayala Museum
21. Night Out in Malate
22. Shopping in Ortigas
23. Elevation 0 at the Welcome Rotunda
24. Ace Water Spa
25. Manila Bay Cruise
26. Picnic at the La Mesa Eco Park
I'm keeping the list open for suggestions!