Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sampaguita Ice Cream at Illustrados

It was the webisodes of PHL 360 that introduced me to this specialty of Illustrados. Last August 1, I got invited to a dinner function at the restaurant, and took the opportunity to finally try the Sampaguita Ice Cream. For 159php, you get 3 small scoops. At first it looks like an ordinary vanilla ice cream. I was expecting that the room will be filled with the scent, but you would have to really sniff closer to smell the Sampaguita. The magic happens when you put it in your mouth. It's sweet and cold but towards the end, there's a slightly bitter aftertaste, and you can feel the scent from your mouth to your nose. It's like eating wasabi, without the kick. I never thought it could be possible, but I was literally tasting the scent of Sampaguita with every scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...