Friday, May 9, 2014

OUTings Launch and Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert

Our company was invited to help support the launching of OUTings last May 8, 2014.

OUTings is the newest brand of the consortium of leading travel agencies in the Philippines: Afro-Asian Travel and Tours, Rajah Travel and Tours and Travel Warehouse Inc. This newest brand offers alternative domestic and international tours for the LGBT community.  Among the packages they offer is the Amsterdam Gay Pride, and an Asian Cruise with activities suited to the LGBT lifestyle. 

I'm very optimistic about the brand.  I just hope they would offer more domestic options and more affordable rates.

I remember coming up with the same idea.  Imagine going on group tour on board a bus much like Priscilla, with good-looking tour guides to take care of the travellers needs.  On board services includes massage for long trips and games.

After the short program for he launch that included a fashion show and messages from sponsors that I missed because I was late, we were treated to the technical rehearsal viewing of Priscilla Queen of the Dessert musical at Resorts World Newport Performing Arts Theater.

The performance was good, and the story line remained true to the film.  I felt that the stage was too big for the production.  It was lacking the flamboyance and exaggeration I would expect from a Musical about Drag Queens.  Nevertheless, I was singing along with the songs famous from the movie.

All in all, It was fun to watch and worthy of seeing the films musical adaptation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...