Sunday, July 12, 2015

Rounding Up My Rainy Day Food Indulgence of the Week

The past few days leading to the weekend had been rainy with two typhoons visiting the country.  Its not all bad, especially with the classes suspended and work hours cut short.  I especially love to satisfy my food cravings during these times.  We're now more drawn to the warm comfort food to combat the wet and cold surroundings.  Here a li list of my food finds during the week.

Goto Bagnet
Where:  Goto MonsterP. Ocampo Steet cor. Primo Rivera Street,, Barangay La Paz, 245 Primo De Riveria, Makati, 1203 Metro Manila, Philippines
What's special about the place:
On top of the Goto, which is available 24 hours a day, they also serve Silog's in many variants.  They also have healthy drinks and desserts.  You can also try the Goto challenge, wherein you need to finish a huge bowl of Goto in 45 minutes for a shirt, and bragging rights.  If you don't finish, you would have to shell out its value in cash.

Goto Bagnet, best paired with their Crispy Tokwa
Bagnet Sinigang
Where:  8065 Bagnet, Estrella St. Baranggay San Antonio, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
What's special about the place:
Bagnet Sinigang is just one of the many ways they serve Bagnet.  But for a rainy evening, this is on top of my list, with its warm, sour broth and vegetables.  On our visit, I ordered myself Bagnet Sisig to go with it.

Bagnet Sinigang
Bagnet Sisig
Banhmi
Where:  Bon Banhmit, Mayapis St. Baranggay San Antonio, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
What's special about the place:
who would have thought, that there's a small Vietnamese Sandwich Kiosk in my neighbourhood.  This is not exactly what you would look for on a rainy day, but, I chanced upon this while stuck in traffic on my way to President Quirino Avenue.  It's best eaten fresh out of the oven, otherwise your teeth will struggle the chewiness of the baguette.

Bon Banhmi Storefront along Mayapis Street.  Please stay away from the area when the rain is too strong to avoid the flood synonymous to the area.




My Chicken banhmi
Arroz Caldo
Where:  Cafe Adriatico, Remedios St. Malate, Metro Manila, Philippines
What's special about the place:
This is perfect, especially during late night cravings, since the cafe is open 24 hours a day.

Arroz Caldo paired with Tokwat Baboy

Munggo Soup and Crispy Pork Binagoongan
Where:  Romulo Cafe, Jupiter St. Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
What's special about the place:
Here, you get to have the munggo soup topped with crunchy pork cracklings everyday of the week.  It is best paired with their Crispy Pork Binagoongan.  With its ambiance and posh interiors, its a best place to get stuck on a rainy evening.

Monggo Soup at Romulo's Cafe

Crispy Pork Binagoongan

To cap the week, nothing beats the dessert at Cafe Adriatico.  There are days when I would literally dream about a slice of their Chocolate Decadence.  I'm pairing it their House Red this time in celebration of the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...