Sunday, December 13, 2015

Must Try: Puto Bumbong Cake at Lia's Cake in Season

Christmas is my favourite time of the year.  I look forward to having the seasonal favourite food, and as soon as I hear Christmas Carols on the radio, my craving for Bibingka (Coal Baked Rice Cakes) and Puto Bumbong would sink in.

I happened to pass by a stand selling this items on my trip to Pampanga along Macarthur Highway in San Fernando.  I was so excited that I had to beg Starbucks to let me have them at their cafe.  I think its best paired with coffee.



The Puto Bumbong Cooking Contraption

Bibingka is cooked by sandwiching the batter
with coals on top and bottom.

A few days after, I saw on Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho a feature on the Puto Bumbong Cake from Lia's.    I have been craving for it since.  Lia's is very close to where I work along East Capitol together with the other foodie places in Kapitolyo, Pasig.


I finally gave in to my craving last Friday.  It's a bit expensive at 210 pesos per slice, but this really is one of a kind and I just had to try it.



The cake is moist lighter version of the original.  The muscovado sugar topping and grated coconuts gives it that familiar flavour.  The dark brown caramel sauce is indulging.  It's a definite must try in Pasig.

Perfect timing!  I totally blend in with the interiors!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...