Monday, October 2, 2017

Industrial Brick Look For 260 Pesos

Finished Wall
I'm crazy about bricks, but the cost and effort to install them is outrageous.

I was able to get the look that I wanted for only 260 pesos.

When I moved in, this is what I had to work with.


With the limited floor space, I decided to maximize the wall by adding slotted posts and shelving.  It allows flexibility, and extends my kitchen with added storage for the appliances.


I thought I got a bargain using Cushioni Foam Bricks on the opposite wall, until I found wallpapers sold in the streets of Divisoria with a coverage of 4.5 sqm for only 130 pesos.  I got lucky they have the gray brick design on stock and was so worried that I would have enough rolls that I got 8 of them.

I immediately worked on my walls as soon as I got back.  The rolls were easy to work with, with built in adhesive like stickers.


I initially aligned the paper along the slotted posts, but it proves to be challenging when you align the print next to each other.  Instead, I unscrewed all the posts and worked on the blank wall.


I was surprised with the coverage.  It only took 2 rolls to cover the entire kitchen wall including the backsplash on the kitchen counter.


Once covered, I re-attached the the posts and rearranged the shelves.

Here's the before and after side by side:


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...