Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ramen Cool, Happiness in a Bowl

-->
After spending the entire day at home due to flooding, the morning after provided some hope for us when the gutter deep water subsided.  I felt guilty when two of my staff is already in the office and they live quite a distance from Pasig.   I decided to leave since I still have half of the working day to go.

Plan A was unsuccessful passing by Kamagong St. in San Antonio, Makati.  We went back and took the Osmena Highway to Magallanes and eventually Pioneer in EDSA.  I was at the office by 2:00 PM.  Immediately, I checked some mails, and attended to my pending replies.  Afterwards, I was asked to inspect the head office for leaks and possible hazards.  By 4:00 PM, it was announced that we are allowed to go home.  I thought, might as well drop by the gym since I am on my Day 10 of my diet plan.  EDSA was a breeze until I reached Magallanes where it took us 2 hours to get to the intersection of Arnaiz Ave.  I figured, the water might have risen in Buendia St. causing the traffic, so I decided to turn back, return to EDSA, took the Forbes access to C5.  It was an easy decision since, the gym is only open until 7:00PM and I already wasted 2 hours in traffic when I'm not even halfway on my destination.

Around 6:30, I was back in Pasig.  I was so hungry that when I passed by this brightly lit restaurant that advertises hot noodles in East Capitol, I had to stop.

 The dining area was divided into 2 sections.  The elevated section provides more privacy with each cubicle enclosed in wood and glass partition, and the other half is the general dining area.

I like the interiors.  It's very rare to find restaurants that would go into the details of reflecting the food into the interiors.
First, I love the color scheme, keeping the natural color of wood and yellow as the dominant accent color.  The drop screens in yellow breaks the monotony of the muted grey, black and white ceiling.  The metal split bamboo drop light created patterns on surfaces enhancing the zen minimalist theme.  The yellow accent wall with cartoon Japanese graphics
serves as an introduction to the Japanese playful menu.
I ordered myself the Katsu-Curry Noodles.  The serving was big, matching my big appetite.  The noodle springy and the broth made more flavorful by the curry sauce.  It was a different but pleasant way of eating breaded pork.  Very timely during the rainy weather.
I cant wait to try the other items on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...