Wednesday, October 30, 2019

How To Get An Occupational/Individual Mayors Permit in Mandaluyong City


As of the moment, I'm in the process of securing a Department of Tourism - National Capital Region Tour Guide Accreditation.  Among the requirements for the ID would be a valid Mayor's Permit, a valid Health Certificate and a valid NBI Clearance.

Having moved from different cities in NCR, this would the first time I will secure one in Mandaluyong City.

I passed by one afternoon to check on the requirements, and the challenge started in finding a parking spot.  With the recent clean up efforts of the local government, parking within Circle Perimeter of Maysilo is now prohibited.  I ended up finding a spot, about 500 meters away on one of the side streets.

Requirements for Mayor's Permit
1. Health Certificate 50 pesos
2. Stool / Fecalysis 40 pesos
3. Urinalysis 40 pesos
4. X-Ray 150 pesos
5. Police Clearance 125 Pesos
6. Mayor's Permit 50 pesos

This was the initial list given by the information desk, but for the Health Certificate, you are required to attend a video lecture either at 10:30 in the morning or 12:30 in the afternoon.  The only exemptions would be Senior Citizens and PWD's.

I came a few days after to actually secure the permit.  I was fortunate this time to be allowed to park within the City Hall Grounds just beside the Blue Building.  

The first item I was asked to secure was a Community Tax Certificate or a CEDULA which costs 24 pesos.  I then secured a number to the automated payment queuing system which was surprisingly fast.  From there I was given 4 receipts representing each item i need to secure.


Since I came in late, I proceeded to join the afternoon health seminar. 


It is important to arrive early.   The receipts will be collected and marked for those who attended.  
The seminar is an audio video presentation and the facilitator is only present at the beginning until 15 minutes after the scheduled time.  No one is guarding the entrance, and you would not want to waste time to sit in the lecture room not getting a certificate by the end of the day.  Make sure you're able able to give this to the facilitator.  

The stamped receipts will be returned after the AVP.  You can now proceed to do the laboratory and X-Ray.
Fecalysis and Urine are placed on the same plastic container and costs 10 pesos.  I got my specimen from one of the comfort rooms of the restaurants across the laboratory building.  
I then transferred to get an X ray just beside the laboratory.  
X-Ray results are released starting 3PM while Lab results at 4:30 PM.  While waiting, I went on to the other building to get the Police Clearance which you can get almost instantly.   
Lines are surprisingly fast and the process uncomplicated.  Its just the release of the results that would affect your timing.  
Around 3:30 PM, X Ray results were being distributed including mine which I had to retake because of something suspicious on the first one.  I ended up paying another 90 pesos, but the result was immediate.  The 2nd one turned out normal, and I then got the lab results for Urine and Stool.

You would then need to gather all your results and receipts and bring them to the 3rd Floor of the Blue Building for the release of the Health Certificate.  They will ask for a 1x1 photo to attach to the Health Certificate Card.
Once signed, you will now go back to the ground floor for the Mayor's permit which will be the last of the process.  A notarial fee of 30 pesos will be collected on the first window.  The second window will issue a form you need to fill up and surrender a copy on the third window which will give you the notarised copy.

From the initial requirement, I have summarised the actual requirement so you can prepare the right amount of cash.

  • Community Tax Certificate 24 pesos

1. Health Certificate 50 pesos
  • Required to attend a seminar  at 10:30AM or 12:30PM
  • Make sure to arrive early or on time and your receipt marked as attended.
  • Make sure you have a 1x1 ID photo for the Card

2. Stool / Fecalysis 40 pesos
  • Additional 10 pesos for container and stick

3. Urinalysis 40 pesos
4. X-Ray 150 pesos
  • Additional 90 pesos in case they find something with the first x ray one.

5. Police Clearance 125 Pesos
6. Mayor's Permit 50 pesos
  • Notarial Fee 30 pesos
I ended up spending 154 pesos more than what was initially stated.  It could be more if not for the spare 1x1 photo in my wallet.

My advise is to arrive before lunch and catch the afternoon seminar schedule.  If you manage to join the afternoon batch, you'll get your Mayor's permit within the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...