Monday, April 29, 2013

Holy Week in Puerto Galera 2013

I've have been spending my Holy Week in Puerto Galera since 2006.  It was only in 2010 that I traded it for Sta. Ana, Cagayan with my partner.

This year, I'm spending it with friends Franco and Robert.  They are my Saturday night buddies on weekends I'm not out of town.

We made arrangement weeks before for a room intended for 6 since there would be four of us confirmed.  Last November 2012, I went to Puerto Galera by myself and was able to get the contact details of one of the resort in White Beach.  Las Villas de Natividad was conveniently located near Mikko's Bar ( a favorite hang-out) and figured this would be perfect for us.  We booked a room for 4500php, but they require a down-payment equivalent to one night.  I deposited the money and made confirmations before we arrive.  Keep your transaction slip in case of discrepancies.

Las Villas de Natividad
09174820505, Look for Juliet

Holy Thursday

The night before, we agreed on meeting around 5AM.  My partner has to work during these days but was still able to drive me to our meeting place in Buendia.  After breakfast we went to the bus terminals which are now filled with passengers.  We transferred twice when finally, we found a terminal across Jac Liner, which is CRCG with an organized line and lesser crowd.  We waited a bit until finally, we were on our way to Batangas Port.

The bus fare costs 166 pesos.  We arrived at the Port around 10:00 AM and the earliest available ticket leaves for white beach leaves at 12:30PM. Unlike in 2012, the terminal is packed with people and long ques for every transaction.  We have to line up for the tickets, to the terminal,  to enter the boarding area and to board.

Roundtrip Ticket to White Beach (Father and Son Shipping Line) 500php
Terminal Fee: 50php
Environmental Fee: 50php

Three boats arrived by noon, and we were boarding ahead of our schedule. We would have arrived earlier at the beach, but the boat motor stopped 3x as we cross Verde Strait.  We were finally settled at our resort around 3:45PM after making another stop at Muelle, the town center of Puerto Galera.

Initially, we would have wanted to catch up on sleep, but since arrived late in the afternoon, we decided to make the most of what was left of the day.

Day 1 Itenerary
4:00 PM Swimming
5:00 PM Back at the Resort Freshen Up
6:00 PM Dinner
8:00 PM Bar Hop, Drink Until You Drop

Day 2
11:00 AM Wake Up
12:00 NN Lunch and Swim
2:00 PM Liki Tiki Floating Bar
4:00 PM Back at the Resort
8:00 PM Dinner
10:00 PM Drink at the Resort
12:00 MN Drink until 6AM

Day 3
11:00 AM Wake Up, missed the boat
12:00 NN Lunch, Check out, Re-book Tickets
3:00 PM Depart for Manila

I've been coming back not really for the crowded beach or long lines, but the company you keep and the friendship that becomes stronger.  See you again next year.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...