Sunday, September 22, 2013

I.S Restaurant, formerly Fharmiza Halal Food

Apart from my name, I know very little about our Muslim Brothers and Sisters.  But among the things I love about the culture and religion is their food.

I was first introduced to Halal food on my first visit to Zamboanga.  Ḥalāl is defined in wikepedia as any object or an action which is permissible to use or engage in, according to Islamic law.

It's also the reason I am deeply saddened with the things happening in the province.  My memories of Zamboanga City is how multi-cultural it was and how they managed to live peacefully amidst the differences.  I know that this recent uprising in the city is a work of a few people and eventually peace will prevail.

I loved how even Christians are drawn to Satti, Tyulah Itum and Chicken Pyanggang.  I'm sure there is more to Halal Food than what I mentioned, but these three are my favorites.

Here in Manila, we are in the look-out for these rare dishes.  Before, we frequent a Satti house near the Lung Center in Quezon City named Vieva, but they soon closed down.  It was a segment in the local news where they featured Tyulah Itum that started our interest to look for the establishment in Ermita Manila.

I watched the video, and got a glimpse of the name of the restaurant, Fharmiza.  This morning, we left early to search for the establishment.  After a few rounds circling Mabini St., Padre Faura, and M.H. del Pilar, we found it along a side street named Sta. Monica.  It has a new name called I.S Restaurant.

We were a bit disappointed that our favorites was not available during Saturdays and Sundays.  They only serve Chicken Pyanggang from Monday to Friday, and their famous Tyulah Itum is available only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  We definitely have to go back.

For our visit, we settled on their Chicken Curry and Beef Caldereta.  We also ordered a bowl of Maggi Kari which reminded us of Zamboanga.

I.S Restaurant is open 24 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...