Friday, November 1, 2013

Architect's Summit Day 2: Aziza Paradise Hotel and Roro Bus to El Nido

After the Honda Bay Tour, we have very little time left to prepare for our fellowship party.  I for one, would be packing my things for the night trip to El Nido. With 4 visits to the souvenir shops, and the kits and loot from the convention, my bag is now twice as heavy.

The venue for our fellowship is Aziza Paradise Hotel.  It's the newest high end resort hotel in Puerto Princesa City boasting of modern interiors and amenities. 

https://www.facebook.com/AzizaParadiseHotel


Aziza Paradise Hotel
BM Road, Barangay San Manuel, 5300 Puerto Princesa City, Puerto Princesa, Philippines(048) 434 2405 / 0917.580.1198/ 0998.983.3220

I arrived in the venue in my all white white outfit, which is the theme of the evening with my bag in tow.  The guest of honor for the night is former Mayor Edward S. Hagedorn.  We are also graced by the presence of Ms. Earth Philippines Runner-up Jonalyn Quiray, also a graduate of Architecture.



I was only able to stay for dinner and half of Mayor Hagedorn's presentation.   The tricycle that's going to take me to the RORO Terminal is already at the entrance of the Hotel.  Tricycles in the city can be expensive at night.  I fortunately made friends with the driver who took me to the same terminal the day before and volunteered to take me there again for this night trip.  They are also tourism accredited and can be hired for city tours.

Tricycle Tour and Transfer Service
Jaypee Latoja
0999-9983464

We were at the terminal around 9:30 PM.  I boarded the non air-conditioned bus still in my all white outfit.  Not really the best choice of color for this 6 hour journey.  To secure a better seat, you need to come early.  The seat I got was at the back in line with the aisle.  
The picture is as shaky as the ride!

It's only the RORO Buses, who has a night trip as late as 10 PM.  Don't bother contacting the numbers from their social networking sites because you wouldn't get an answer.  As of the moment, they only have two trips per day to El Nido.  One in the morning, and this 10:00 PM schedule, both non air conditioned.  If you're not pressed for time, there are vans that leaves regularly throughout the day as late as 6:30 PM.

If you think you can use this time to rest like I did, think again.  The bus will take in and drop passengers the entire trip and the road will get bumpy after the town of Taytay to El Nido.  Except for a few dead spots, cellphone signals are relatively good the duration of the bus ride especially in major towns.  

I arrived safely at the El Nido terminal around 4:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...