Saturday, November 2, 2013

Architect's Summit Day 2+1: El Nido's Art Cafe

The Summit for Architects ended with the fellowship night last Saturday.  But Since the Monday was declared a holiday for the Baranggay election, I decided to move my return flight to Monday and visit El Nido that Sunday.  After my Day Tour that ended late than usual, because the itinerary says 3:30 and we got back 5:00 PM, I was only able to take a shower then proceeded to look for a place to eat.

I don't feel well at that moment from fatigue, but still was able to force myself to go out and visit Art Cafe.  From the main road of the place where I was staying, I just hail a tricycle and asked to be dropped near the place.  It was easy to find, since the place also house a Travel and Tour Office and Souvenir Shop.


Art Cafe El Nido

For an Art Cafe, the place has little collection of Art, well maybe they have been sold already.  The interior was very Filipino, with woven bamboo for the ceiling and hand painted walls.  A long bar on one side will greet you as soon as you reach the top of the stairs and on the opposite side is the veranda, that allows you a peek of the limestone cliffs during the day.  A musician plays the Piano in the background as guests dine.

The menu is a fuzion of international dishes, showcasing the local ingredients.  I ordered myself a cup of Mushroom Soup to warm me up and Tomato Pesto Pasta which is really good.  Don't get intimidated with the price since the serving allows for sharing.  I wish I had more time to explore the other restaurants in El Nido, but for my One Day Stay, I'm glad to have chosen Art Cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...