Mole in Foot, Crocodile in the Belly.... For people like me who can't stay put and can't get full!

Mole in Foot, Crocodile in the Belly.... For people like me who can't stay put and can't get full!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Aegis and the Rak of Aegis

I have been a fan of theater, but like most of Filipinos, I don't have the money to spend for tickets.  I remember in college, I would watch the free staging of plays and musicals by Intramuros Administration at the many venues within the historical walled city.  I have heard about the musical Rak of Aegis last year.  Being a fan of the group, I am instantly drawn to watching it and curious on how a story develops from their popular songs I would attempt to sing along.

Now, I am very fortunate to belong in a company that supports Filipino Music, Theater and Artists.  Victoria Court have help sponsor concerts of big artists like Regine, Ogie and Musicals like Full Monty, and Rock of Ages.  I literally jumped off my office chair when I found out that, we are also sponsoring Rak of Aegis.  It was a different Marketing team that handled the project, and I was texting and emailing non-stop to secure myself a seat.  I got an Orchestra seat for the 8PM show last March 5.

In the audience were the officers of the Organisasyon ng Pilipinong  Mang-aawit that included Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez to name a few.

I was laughing and crying with the different characters in the story, top billed by Aicelle Santos.  It was about the struggles of girl who lives in a flooded area of the City who dreams of making it by posting a video on youtube hoping it would go viral and be invited on Ellen Degeneres show.  I will just name the more popular cast members that included Robert Sena and Isay Alvarez, but all of them gave a stellar performance.

After the curtain call, and the standing ovation, I was on my feet again, when the actual group Aegis entered the stage and performed their classic hits.  I was singing on top my lungs not caring to hit the high notes.  I would have posted pics, but my battery gave up on me.  I am close to tears hearing them perform live.  Now I know how it feels to be a fan and seeing your idol up close.

After the show, I waited at the entrances so I could have a photo of them.  I so love Aegis!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts