Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Marikina's Pan de Amerikana

I'm assuming most city dwellers would least choose Marikina as a weekend destination, but you'll be surprised with what this city has to offer, especially for foodies.

The list of the must visit restaurants are endless and for this one, I choose to explore the most popular which is Pan de Amerikana.

We just finished our sportsfest at Marikina Sports Complex and decided to spend what remains of the morning for brunch at this place before going to the office.

As what the name suggests, I was expecting a bakery, but from the street, I can see that its more of a garden set up that reminded me of Cafe by the Ruins in Baguio and Kublai's Place in Davao.


Near the entrance is where they take your orders from a menu board behind the counter.  The food offerings consisted of classic filipino favorites, but their price is very reasonable.

The garden dining area is shaded with twigs as trellis.  On one side is pond and on the other corner is giant chessboard where you can play while waiting for your order.



I ordered Tinumok (ground pork wrapped with taro leaves in coconut cream sauce, 60 pesos) and Crispy Mushroom (50 pesos as an appetizer).



I'm definitely coming back here with friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...