Saturday, September 19, 2015

Boracay Pubcrawl, A Definite Must Try

Boracay is my favourite beach.  Needless to say, I couldn't count anymore how many times I have visited the Island.  I was fortunate to have seen it, when there were very little development along the White Beach, and now getting lost figuring out where my favourite establishments went.

I have tried Island Hopping, Paraw Sailing, Banana Boat and others.  I was never attracted to taking the ATV's, Para-sailing, nor Kite Boarding.  Most of the time, I'm on a budget and would rather spend  my money on beers during happy hour watching the sunset.

For the National Heroes Day Long weekend, I found myself on the Island again.  I took the opportunity of getting myself 4 days of vacation adding a leave to the extended weekend.  I originally booked for a 5 day stay, but the pressure of work forced me to go back to the city a day early.

Going back to Boracay's evolving activities...

I have a day to myself before my partner arrives from Cebu, and while waiting, I am back to my usual routine.  Wake up around noon, lunch at D'mall, afternoon tea at Real Coffee, Happy Hour at Tpaz.

I would have to say, the highlight of this visit would be joining Boracay Pubcrawl.   You can't really miss them.  They're everywhere along the beach wearing the iconic yellow shirt.  If you book early, you can enlist for 790 pesos.  I secured my and my partner for the Saturday slot.


That Saturday afternoon, we started drinking early.  We were having Long Island at Red Coconut around 2PM, followed by beers at Tpaz while waiting for the Crawl to Start.  We were a bit Tipsy, when the Crawl Captain informed us of the rules.  No drinking using the right hand, which I violated and made me finish what was left of my red horse bottle on the spot.

We were told to ask 3 fellow Pubcrawlers of unusual things about them.  Ofcourse, by this time my confidence, fueled by the alcohol that afternoon is up the roof.  We were guided to the beach for the group picture taking and orientation.  we missed some of the stops and games, because I have to meet my partner who just arrived.


After settling him to our hotel, we caught up with the group at Boracay Regency.  I was having another beer while waiting for them.

I remember dancing, until they ushered us to the D'mall to board a tricycle to another bar which I don't remember.  After another bottle, and few minutes of dancing, they took us to Club Paraw, which would be our last stop.


I remember making friends and laughing so hard and losing it in a good way.

Boracay Pubcrawl is a definite must try every time you're in Boracay.  I know I'm doing it again.

Credits to Boracay Pubcrawl for the Group Photo!










No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...