Sunday, December 13, 2015

UAP Manila Corinthian Chapter's Escolta Photowalk

This would be my 2nd time to take Architects and students to tour Escolta.  I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable about their history and Architectural styles, but what I can boast about is my knowledge of the area having spent most of my younger years in Binondo.

We originally scheduled for a 9:00 AM meet up in front of Sta. Cruz church.  I'm so glad that the participants were patient with me inspire of my late arrival.

Our photo walk started at the Carriedo Fountain, before proceeding to Escolta itself.  There, we admire the two buildings right across the Estero.  It's the First United, and Regina Buildings.



First United Building
Art Deco
Andres Luna de San Pedro

We arrived just in time for the Saturday Future Market.  It's a showcase of Arts, Crafts, and Rare finds.  Also inside the same building is a small museum dedicated to the patriarch Sy Lian Teng.  It's like being transported to the 60's.  They house a collection of memorabilia's and old office items.

Saturday Future Market


Regina Building
Andres Luna de San Pedro


Natividad Building
Beaux Arts



Calvo Building
Beaux Arts

There's another Museum inside that houses old items and memorabilia's.  The old bottles and movie posters reminds me of my youth.  GMA Network, traces its roots here.




Capitol Theater
Art Deco
Juan Felipe Nakpil


Juan Luna Building
Neo-classic
GH Joward


El Hogar
Beaux Arts
Irrureta Goyena


To completely immerse ourselves in our nostalgic tour, we ended the photo walk with lunch at Ramon Lee, another Historic Foodie establishment in the area.

Thank you the students of Architecture from Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila and Ar. Roy Gelveson of Manila Maharlika Chapter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...