|Almond Chicken Kare-kare|
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Small Onion Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic Minced
500 grams Chicken (Tinola Cut)
3 cups Water
2 Shrimp Cubes
4 pcs Eggplant sliced diagonally
1 pack Mama Sita's Kare Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water
1 small bundle of String Beans cut into 3 in sections
4 leaves Pechay
1/2 cup almond slivers
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil, then add the chicken.
2. Season the chicken with Salt and Pepper and allow it to lightly brown on both sides before adding the water.
3. Drop the shrimp cubes to dissolve and boil chicken until cooked.
4. Let the water reduce, then add the eggplant slices.
5. Add the kare-kare mix to the broth and allow to thicken.
6. Add the remaining vegetables, and almonds and let it simmer for a few minutes.
7. Just before serving, top the dish with a few sprinkles of almond slivers.