Thursday, October 24, 2013

Architect's Summit Day 0: Dinner at Ka Lui's

After the City Tour of Puerto Princesa, I just went back to the hotel to freshen up and take away the layer of dust from my skin. I rewarded myself with dinner at Ka Lui's. My blog research on Puerto Princesa always includes this restaurant in their must visit place.
Two days before my arrival, I called to make my reservation. It's a must to guarantee you a seat, even for a solo traveller like me. True enough, the place is full when I got there.

I was greeted by the receptionist at the entrance confirming my reservation and was asked to take off my slippers. All guests are required to go barefoot.  It was good since I miss the feel of bamboo slats on my feet which reminded me of my visit to our hometown in Borongan in Samar.  The interior showcases wood and bamboo in its varying forms. 

I was then ushered to my table near the entrance.

I ordered myself the Ka Lui's Special Set intend for two people which would cost 545 including taxes.


The first items served was the soup and Lato appetizer.  I'm not a big fan of fish broth, but this one is not fishy at all.  The Lato drenched in calamansi burst in your mouth, like pop rock candies.


The pan seared tuna came next, with the waiter bringin the actual pan before placing the fillets on your plate. Then the fish rolled with green chillies and what I assumed basil in coconut cream followed.


I was given two servings of rice, maybe because of my built.



The prawn in butter sauce followed with the eggplant tempura in a sweet chili sauce.

After the meal cane dessert. It was a mix of fresh fruits served in a coconut nut shell topped with muscovado sugar.


Now I know why this is a favorite of bloggers and tourists. I was ready to leave when I decided to take a trip to the restroom.  Walking barefoot, I was surprised to see the size of the restaurant.  All I can see from my table was the entrance and a small portion of the dining area.  The place also houses a gallery with a collection of local art.











No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...