Saturday, January 3, 2015

Looking Back on My 2013 New Year's Resolution

As I was browsing through my blog entries, I stumbled upon my 2013 New Year's Resolution.
Reading through it, I realised, that a year might not be enough to accomplish all of it, because some of the items were done just this year.

1. Travel More

Needless to say, I did very well on this part.  This entire blog is dedicated to my adventures.

2. Be Fit

2014 was the year that I regained my interest in going back to the gym.  I was able to renew my Fitness First membership after trying all the major competitors, and I was glad to be reunited with my Body Jam Buddies!  I also discovered another class that I enjoy, Body Attack!

Just today, I renewed my membership for another year!

3. To save

I still have nothing to show for this item.  Although, instead of saving, I took risk on buying condominium unit in Mandaluyong due for turn over next year and got myself a retirement plan from one of the leading Insurance Companies!

4. Stay Healthy

I managed to keep myself out of the hospital for the last 2 years and my last 2 Executive Check-ups were relatively ok, except for stones revealed through my ultrasound.

5. Be more productive at work.

Early this year, I was given the opportunity to head the Marketing team for our group.  Surprisingly, in spite of the fact that its very different from my background,  it has re-ignited my passion to work.  I am once again constantly challenged, and was given a chance to be creative through a different medium.

6. Help other people

I'm really glad that I was able to visit GK Enchanted Farm and be introduced to their Walang Iwanan concept.  It was so inspiring that now, I am trying to get my professional organisation involve in helping the less fortunate and the community.  Through the resources of our professional organisation, we were able to create activities for the Asilo de San Vicente de Paul and Chosen Children Village.


7. Value Relationship More

I find this the most challenging.  With the demands of work and my professional organisation, I have a very limited time for my loved ones.  I try to keep in touch with my family in spite of the distance and to make sure that I involve my partner in my foodie exploits and adventures.

8. Blog More

If my basis would be 2013, I managed to create 104 entries as compared to 45 this year.  Hopefully next year would be better, and I also want to expand my readership.

All in all, I think I did good.  Instead of a New Year's Resolution, Im calling this my life's 5 year strategic Plan, since I'm not really changing any of them.  For 2015, which would be my 3rd year,  Im thinking of coming up with quantifiable targets to be assessed at the start of 2016.  That would be my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...