Mole in Foot, Crocodile in the Belly.... For people like me who can't stay put and can't get full!

Mole in Foot, Crocodile in the Belly.... For people like me who can't stay put and can't get full!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Can't Get Enough of Siam Reap

The bus ride from Bangkok to Siam Reap took almost 8 hours.  That includes the immigration process at the border.  For ASEAN nationality, it's easier since you don't need a visa, and just fall in line to have your passport stamped.  Just make sure you board the same bus because it gets confusing especially during tourist season.


The bus fare includes a Tuk-tuk service to your hotel.  Most of the establishments in Siam Reap accepts U.S. Dollars and the bus company office has a money changer inside if you want the local currency.

My Tuk-tuk driver offered to take me on the Temple tour early morning the next day for 50 USD, but most hotels can arrange this for you.

I have booked a room at Golden Banana Boutique Hotel through Agoda, because of its proximity to the night market and Pub Street for 25 USD.  I will only be staying for the night since the tour starts early morning, and would return past the check-out time.


My charming room at Golden Banana.  For a little more than 1000 pesos, its a good value.  I just wish I had more time to stay.

To make the most of my trip,  I decided to explore the night life of the city.  I went around the night market, had a bowl of Vietnamese noodles near Pub Street, followed it with a foot massage and explored the Gay Club called Barcode.

The entire Pub Street is a mix of restaurants, shops and bars.  Barcode is located at the far end, on a more quieter area.  They have nightly performances of impersonators and a wide selection of drinks.

Foot Massage!  The price is almost the same as here in the Philippines!

I haven't tried Cambodian food, so I went for the familiar Vietnamese Pho
The Night Market

Barcode Drink of the Night!
One of Barcode's performers.
I would have stayed and drink all night but my temple tour would start in a few hours.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts