Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Can't Get Enough of Siam Reap

The bus ride from Bangkok to Siam Reap took almost 8 hours.  That includes the immigration process at the border.  For ASEAN nationality, it's easier since you don't need a visa, and just fall in line to have your passport stamped.  Just make sure you board the same bus because it gets confusing especially during tourist season.


The bus fare includes a Tuk-tuk service to your hotel.  Most of the establishments in Siam Reap accepts U.S. Dollars and the bus company office has a money changer inside if you want the local currency.

My Tuk-tuk driver offered to take me on the Temple tour early morning the next day for 50 USD, but most hotels can arrange this for you.

I have booked a room at Golden Banana Boutique Hotel through Agoda, because of its proximity to the night market and Pub Street for 25 USD.  I will only be staying for the night since the tour starts early morning, and would return past the check-out time.


My charming room at Golden Banana.  For a little more than 1000 pesos, its a good value.  I just wish I had more time to stay.

To make the most of my trip,  I decided to explore the night life of the city.  I went around the night market, had a bowl of Vietnamese noodles near Pub Street, followed it with a foot massage and explored the Gay Club called Barcode.

The entire Pub Street is a mix of restaurants, shops and bars.  Barcode is located at the far end, on a more quieter area.  They have nightly performances of impersonators and a wide selection of drinks.

Foot Massage!  The price is almost the same as here in the Philippines!

I haven't tried Cambodian food, so I went for the familiar Vietnamese Pho
The Night Market

Barcode Drink of the Night!
One of Barcode's performers.
I would have stayed and drink all night but my temple tour would start in a few hours.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...