Sunday, April 19, 2020

Mandaluyong City Food Trip


Metro Manila, or the National Capital Region of the Philippines is composed of 16 Cities and 1 Municipality.  I was born and raised within the Metropolis moving from different cities growing.  Now, I am based in Mandaluyong, the City located within the centre of the Capital Region.

Mandaluyong boasts of its Shopping Centers, hosting 2 of the biggest Malls in the country.  Beyond these shopping centres, the residential district is where you'll find some of the best Hole In The Wall restaurants, popular to mostly residents.


Since my first visit in 2013, the roadside breakfast eatery has now expanded to 3 different locations, but still traces its origin in Mandaluyong.  They serve all day breakfast meals that is elevated yet not intimidating by making the price affordable!  Read my 1st visit here.



Chef Arch's Lime

It was also 2013 when we first explored this Residential Garage turned into a restaurant.  The food is a mix of asian and filipino favourites, but they're popular with the Street Food "na Pinasosyal" or made fancy!




Just bordering the Maysilo Circle is RJ Bulalohan.  Its a 24 hour restaurant but we normally come here after a night of drinking.  Nothing cures a hangover than the piping hot broth from beef bone marrow or what we call the Bulalo.

Read more about RJ on my previous blog here.


Goto Believe

Another local favourite thats elevated is Goto or Rice Porridge mix with an assortment of toppings.
Goto Believe made this more interesting with their create your own concept choosing from a variety of skewers, sides and egg preparation.



Aling Tonang's Palabok

This a favourite of long time residents, but a recent discovery for me.  A friend recommended the place, and its only during the lock down that we were able to have their Palabok delivered to our condominium.


I'm sure there's more foodie establishments we haven't discovered.  Comment below your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...