Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Vios-venture: Aling Lucing's Sisig, Angeles Pampanga

Even before having a car, I have always like to discover places.  I remember a time when I traveled all the way to Pampanga just to have my workout.  I have this need to be mobile all the time.

Now that I have a car, my destinations have become farther and farther.

Last Thursday, I went back to Pampanga to visit a branch in San Fernando.  I frequent the province, but every time I explore it, I would always miss a destination.  I have visited Betis Church and Bacolor already.

This time my agenda is to visit the original stall of Aling Lucing believed to be the birthplace of Sisig.

I googled for its location but all I got was the address.  It was located along G. Valdez St., where the red pin on my map was dropped.

The blue path on my phone was impossible due to road blockage and instead, I drove straight along MacArthur Highway passing Angeles University Foundation till I reached the corner of P. De Guzman St.  Instead of turning right, I turned left to the direction of the pin which was a mistake.  I hould have just turned right to where the blue dot on my map was located.

Since its already four in the afternoon, parking was easy.  I am assuming that it gets packed during meal time.
Aside from Sisig, they also offer other grilled items and vegetable side dishes.
But I came for the house specialty.  My bill was a little over 200 pesos for an order of Sisig (good for sharing), Rice and a softdrink.  It was so worth the trip.  Unlike the canned version you can see and taste the chunks of pork cheeks and meat. 
It was a quaint Turo-Turo restaurant decorated with photos documenting different milestones of Aling Lucing and the Restaurant.
This is a definite must stop when visiting Angeles, Pampanga

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...