Thursday, February 18, 2016

Downtown 1956 Cafe, A Taste of Nostalgia in Pampanga

Pampanga is known as the Culinary Capital of the Philippines.  Among the significant people that made it popular if Chef Claude Tayag. The person behind Bale Dutung, a by appointment only restaurant in his home where one can sample and experience the best of Capampangan Cuisine.


I have always wanted to visit the place, but the price is just too much for my budget.  That was until I chanced upon a show that features Downtown Cafe from the Asian Food Channel.

Downtown Cafe operated by the same family and is located at The Quad at Nepo Mart in Angeles City.

Here you can sample traditional Filipino dishes with the signature Claude Tayag twist.  The  restaurant is inspired by the late 50's with its leather upholstered chairs, and vintage decors.  It reminded me of the old Diners in Avenida, Sta. Cruz.

I'm currently trying to loose wight, preparing myself for Summer, but I give in to their Lechon Belly Adobo Confit with Mango and Eggplant Salsa.


You can nibble on their Camote Chips while waiting for your meal.  I would have wanted to sample more of their menu, but I have nobody to share it with.


A few minutes later, the food arrived and it tasted just as good as it looks.  This is probably the best Adobo, I've ever tasted.  Even better than my Moms. Sorry Nanay!


Since, my cheat day arrived early, I decided to end my meal with their Halo-Halo, made special by Pastillas and Creamy Carabao's Milk.

I will continue coming back until I have sampled all the food they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAY 2: My Fitness Journey

Im slowly regaining my desired sleeping pattern.  I was able to sleep before midnight and woke up around 9AM. My original intention was to w...